Thursday, March 13, 2008

Short update

Big post tomorrow. Quick glucose-related update for now. Nurse Kind called Monday late afternoon, and asked me to email her my failed results. Next day Dr.Best called and now we have a plan. I am monitoring for now. Dr.Best is trying to find out when the much anticipated paper is supposed to come out. If it's not for months yet, I am stopping my meds after tomorrow. If it's soon, we wait to read it. And did I mention we monitor in the meantime?

My beta cells, by the way, appear to fashion themselves more upon the stage hands than the writers in that their recent strike did shake me up, much like, if TV news was to be believed, the stage hand strike shook up the Big Apple last fall, but neither lasted. I am back to reactive lows, severe reactive lows to be sure, but no failed readings in the last couple of days. I fully expect this thing to go bust again before this is over, and possibly, if we do end up withdrawing the meds, as soon as this weekend. But for now everyone is back to work and I am going to bed. G'night.

8 comments:

k@lakly said...

keeping good thoughts for you and the wee one...

Unknown said...

glad you have a plan, glad you can sleep, thinking of you often.

niobe said...

Looking forward to the big post.

charmedgirl said...

it's just so complicated, isn't it??

i wonder what was going on during my totally unmonitored 9 months. (well, 6 actually. i did it myself before going to you-know-who. i probably would have been better off on my own.)

meg said...

I'm looking forward to reading all about this too. I don't know very much about GD, but you explain everything so well, that even I (with no science background) can understand it. A good teacher indeed! Take care and yourself and the little one.

Tash said...

Monitor early and often. Looking forward (I think) to the big post. And the article.

Unknown said...

I'll be checking in, hoping all is well.

Antigone said...

It's tomorrow.