Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hanging on...

I am not entirely off the wagon, though obviously I am not entirely on it either. More like hanging on to the sides of said wagon, being dragged through the streets. A lovely sight, really. I blame the tired (I fall asleep way before I intend to what seems like every other day) and the busy. The busy is a lot more fun than the tired, and I plan on talking about at least the last three days worth of busy. I might even have a link to share... For historical reasons, the last three days of busy are also a decently-sized mindfuck, so I need to stew on it for a bit before spewing forth with it.

I also have a couple of puppy posts brewing. With JD away, I feel all the more acutely the charge of, in the words of the fox from The Little Prince, the responsibility for what we have tamed. (Though the degree to which this particular relative of the wolf can be considered tamed differs in my mind from day to day-- I am mostly joking here, and he is getting more and more well-behaved, but he does, still, like to check on whether maybe he can appoint himself to be in charge around here, what with the big dude not being around and all.)

See, I've never had a dog before. Which probably saved this puppy's life a couple of months ago, last time JD was away. And, with a short time delay, resulted in a major anxiety blowback for me. The story will be the topic of the puppy post that's not all cuteness. But given that as background, let me just tell you that I freaked right the fuck out when he started behaving unusually yesterday (including gifting me with the mighty smelly piles in the house-- this from the months-ago-housetrained dog). The vet's office accommodated my panicked phonecall, even though they fully expected him to need at most some meds for stomach/GI issues. And that's all he did end up needing. Well, that and a bland diet, which means that I cooked for the dog more than I cooked for the humans today. He was back to his old self by morning, and I am grateful, even though he's a much bigger handful this way. Actually, this is how you know he's feeling better.

This concludes my post of lame excuses and coming attractions. I, of course, use the term "attractions" loosely. Except for the post with all the puppy pics, of course.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Knowing the details of the story, I'd say freaking the fuck out was justified. That's my back of the book promotion blurb for your coming attractions. :)

I didn't get the chance to comment on the last post. I had heartburn with S and J. Tea absolutely triggered it--sorry about that since I know you love your tea. What helps: sleeping in a recliner.

David James said...

Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Combs for Men and Women Lice Shower combs - Pack Of 3
lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb hair comb for men women girls apna showroom
Apna Showroom clutches clips for hair combo set for women And Girls pack of 6
Apna Showroom Newborn Baby Boys and Baby Girl's Woolen Sweaters (0-3 Months Multicolored apsw_Baby_Products_325)
baby sweaters new born 0 3 months kids baby sweaters woolen for baby girls boys sweaters set unisex woolen vest inner apna showroom