Monday, June 25, 2007

All the news that's fit to print

It was a good weekend. We chilled, we talked, we laughed, we were sad, we ate good food, we saw a good show. I even exercised. Twice. I know-- stop the presses. I will try to keep it up this week while Monkey is at my parents'.

You know how gullible I am? I'll tell you. So we got to the hotel Friday night, and walked around some, and figured out what was where. And yet, when I heard JD sneaking out of the room Saturday morning, I didn't think anything of it when he said he is going to go "check things out." I turned and went back to sleep. It follows, then, that I was genuinely surprised when he came back an hour later with a huge vase full of gorgeous roses. We were able to secure the vase in the back of the car on the way back, and they made it home, and now they are on my counter.

This morning the test results from last week's blood tests came back. The thyroid is hypo, but not by much, so it is unclear whether it's still headed down, or is now on the way back up. But either way, we are allowed to try now. Someone I knew in school once called a friend of mine "fan of control," which is a nice way of calling someone a control freak. But this friend and I now refer to ourselves that way when appropriate. So because I am, indeed, a fan of control, or of the illusion thereof, I also asked to run day 3 tests last week, even though it was only day 2. And let me tell you, I am glad I did. FSH was 5.2, LH-- 5.4, progestorone-- 0.5, and E2 is still pending. Good to know, as they say. I feel like I am bragging. A promising cycle, indeed.

We are still not exactly ready, but at least for my part, I am much more ready today than I was last week. And, as JD said, we'll never really be ready, so might as well jump now.

Update: Gonna try this picture posting thing. For Niobe, and because they are beautiful. Of course, I should've taken the picture yesterday, because they are just starting to wilt today.
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

niobe said...

Happy jumping!

Any plans to post a picture of the roses? I know I'd love to see them.

S. said...

Might as well!

I'm glad you got the weekend you needed.

Bon said...

he is so right.

i too am glad you got the weekend you needed...

it sounds wrong to say i'll be thinking of you as you "jump"...so i'll just say good luck. ;)

S said...

hey, good news!

and hope it is some successful jumping you do... ;)

Sara said...

Sounds like it was a good weekend.

Niobe stole my line but I'll say Happy Jumping! anyway. So glad the numbers look good.

Lori said...

You are so right... there will never be any perfectly right time, or a moment where you feel 100% ready- so you just gotta go with being 52% ready and JUMP!!

niobe said...

They're just gorgeous. Thanks for posting the picture.

Sara said...

Oooh those are beautiful!