Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The news that saved my day

One of my closest friends called to say that she got the job that is 2 mi from my house, pays better, is more interesting, and will let her work with cool people, some of them friends. This should let me see her much more often, as I anticipate lunches or even coffee breaks together.

This is also why I am not a slobbering crying mess right now despite the fact that moving stuff out of my old office in the accursed department went a lot worse than I could have imagined and included a part where for a somewhat prolonged period of time I didn't know where a lot of my stuff was. It's been fun.

This post brought to you by the "my day just improved" department.

5 comments:

niobe said...

I hope you've been able to get all of your stuff, so you won't have any reason to go back to your old office. And I'm sorry the moving out went so badly. Leaving a job for any reason is never much fun.

Sara said...

Yay! That's great she'll be closer.

I hope you're done with your old job place for good now.

Lori said...

I am so glad something/someone came along to improve your yucky day. And I am so sorry you are having to deal with leaving your job. It sounds awful.

meg said...

I'm glad you got some good news. It sure does help, when the rest of the day is so crappy!

Julia said...

I don't think I explained it too well. Until Sunday, I had two offices-- one where I work now, and one in the accursed department, where I used to work until last year, and did a couple other things out of it this year. It was that last office that I had to vacate. My current office is still A-ok.

Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it.