Friday, June 22, 2007

Away for the weekend

52 weeks ago we were getting ready for a big party to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Today, we are going away for the weekend to celebrate the 11th, tomorrow.

I am better now, but I was in a lousy mood most of the day. Work things, related to the camp and a little email mixup which showed me just how appreciated I was by at least one person there, made a reappearance. Thinking about last year's party-- how happy we were, how I didn't drink much because I *might have been* pregnant, how everyone was admiring my new ring-- JD's present, to replace the tiny little band that served as my engagement ring because we were poooooooooooor... I have now had this ring for only a couple of hours shy of a year. Not the year we envisioned it to be that day 52 weeks ago. Thinking of Snickollet, and how different her life is than a year ago, than she hoped for a year ago... Time is not kind. It stops for no one. All I can hope for today is that it will also be a good thing, that its march will bring with it good things.

I think I can leave these thoughts behind as the car starts rolling. I am looking forward to the weekend, and I will try to enjoy it on its own terms. At least that's the plan.

4 comments:

Bon said...

i find it's hard to look ahead at a calendar with anything but trepidation when the year previous has been harsh and left me broken, the march of time trampling all over my hopes and expectations.

however, i will say...it gets easier. pieces of calendar time pass without bringing pain...and some even offer peace.

i hope your weekend is good to you. i hope the year ahead is kind.

i hope you know that we care.

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 15th, and it was strange to really think back to all that has happened in 15 years. It can be hard to look ahead and wonder am I excited about what will come in the next 15, or worried? I am trying to err toward excited, but it's not always easy.

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! 11 years is a good long time. I wish you many more than 11 more. I also hope that you've had a fabulous time together, just the two of you.

Aurelia said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, a rough year, but it's over and the new one holds great promise. Hard to see it now, but I'm going to hope for you.